Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Homemade Holiday Gifts


Image from target.com

Christmas is just around the corner! I love the holidays and confess that I've already started listening to Christmas music. Next task: Gifts! I've been poking around looking for some good ideas for homemade gifts.  Here's a few gems I've found:

For everyone
Handmade holidays from Sew, Mama, Sew! has tons of great ideas. It's organized by theme, with a new theme each day. I like the foam birthday cake, manicure kit cover, the one hour softie,  and elf slippers. They also have archives from 2007 and 2008 handmade holidays.

The Purl Bee has great ideas for knitters (some sewing ideas, too).

For teachers, coworkers and neighbors (or stockings!)
Pocket tissue holder from Skip to My Lou. (A whole bunch of ideas from that site here.)
Hot chocolate on a stick, from Giver's Log

For kids
Shadow puppet theater from Giver's Log

Still looking for good ideas for the men in our lives. Much harder to craft for them!

No comments: