Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Short break


I took last week off as we said goodbye to my dear grandfather. He was almost 87 (1 week shy) and lived life the fullest of anyone I've known. My fondest memories include our season tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet, outings with him and my boys (who adored him), family gatherings at his lovely (mid-century) home and his love of excel spreadsheets. He was even once webmaster for his church's website. Not many octagenarians can claim that status! I feel lucky to have lived near him and to spend such quality time with him in his last few months and that my boys knew their great-grandfather. I loved him very much.

And, of course, he had impeccable style! This photo is of my grandparents at Pike Place market, probably late 1940's. Aren't they adorable?

No comments: